May this blog serve as a reminder to the NeoNix of the Pisay and Ateneo, in hopes that lessons may be learned from her (mis)adventures.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Firsts


This blog entry is hosted on both Blogger and Multiply. Have a look!


Last week was my first week in Manila... and in ADMU as well. The week I'm in @ the moment is the first week of class. And... wow. I love my schedule!!


I still have to wake up early, although not as early as I used to in Pisay. My earliest class on MWFs is Fil 11, and that would be at 7:30am. On TThs, I have PE (Wushu) as my first class at 8am. After (almost) every subject, I get an hour long break (read: time to nap, take a bath [only on PE days], run to the dorm to grab anything I forgot, and/or cram) which comes in pretty handy!


And this schedule is GREAT, considering that my last class ends @ 1:30pm for MWs, and 3:30 for Fs, and 3:00 for Tths. Wee!


A definite PLUS when you're a CS major: 2 hour sessions twice a week in a computer lab (read: AIRCON) Whoo.


A definite MINUS when studying in the Ateneo (or in Manila, in general) is that everything costs WAY more. Like food. It's about P60, average. For one meal. (Although it's probably several levels higher than canteen food.


Another thing that costs a lot: books. Only now do I realize how lucky we were (and downright nuts) using books that cost THOUSANDS (the same books you find on the floor... or stepped on.. etc.). Isa pa, computer books cost a LOT. (WTH) The book our prof recommended was worth around 1.4k. UMAYGAD. I think I should negotiate if the java book(s) I own are already enough...


I'm still pondering on whether or not should I subscribe to dorm internet. It's 3k per sem.. and my roommates mentioned that it's fast. The only problem is that it's LAN. Like, cable based. And like, my corner is FAR from the network (slot? port? whatever). Wah. I can't visualize kung saan ko idadaan ang network cable. I settled for letting it pass under the beds, but it was still so very messy. I do believe I'll have to tape them down.T_T


The campus, however, has WIFI. Like, everywhere. The trouble is, I (so far) I can only connect to the WIFI at the (zen) garden. It's right across the campus cafeteria. Good, right? Except for the fact that upperclassmen use the place as their HANGOUT, everything is spiffy. T_T


In other news, I'm sorely missing the net. And davao. And my home (where I can slack off, haha). The Eliazo dorm (although pretty) needs a lot of getting used to.


WHEW. Wish me luck!



"On clear and peaceful nights like these,
There's nothing more I'd like to do
Than to lie down, under the heavens,
And to gaze at the stars with you...

-nEOnIX

0 comments: