May this blog serve as a reminder to the NeoNix of the Pisay and Ateneo, in hopes that lessons may be learned from her (mis)adventures.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

There is no such thing as a perfect world.

WARNING: MASSIVE BRAINDUMP!

We live in an imperfect world.

That's why we strive to make it perfect.

Alas, because we are imperfect individuals, we fail to create this perfect world. Our efforts are instead diverted to creating a 'Perfect World.. for me.'

I believe that this is the foundation of all our thoughts and dreams. I am not referring solely to the dreams we conjure in our sleep, however. (I know that Dreams are actually sequences of random images, strongly influenced by emotions and thoughts, and these cannot be 'controlled', but what the heck. It's my theory, live with it!) This category of dreams include daydreams as well.

The subconscious protects its fragile self from harm by wrapping itself in realities it conjured. An excess of this creates your garden-variety psycho. An absence would create your emotionless statue, and a healthy quantity will create your normal, average, person.

[Conversely, everyone is insane*, but it is that insanity that gives rise to creativity which helps us all survive.]

These realities make up the nittygritty of our thoughts. A perfect world. Or, at least, the perfect for me world.

What we actually do in our lives will reflect these thoughts, usually without our knowledge. We are actually working towards our own idea of a perfect world. [Hence I insist that all my belongings must be in orange. :D]

Despite this collaborative effort [everybody wants their perfect world], this perfect world will never be achieved.

Which leads me to wonder about Heaven. That holy place where the virtuous souls go? Yes, that heaven. How can there be one place that exists that will satisfy everyone? Is that even possible? We humans are astoundingly different from each other, despite the fact that we all live in the same dump and we all dump the same garbage into it. How can there be a place [metaphorical or otherwise] that we all [oh fine, ALL virtuous souls ONLY] can agree with?

That, my friends, is the wonder of God. Only a PERFECT being such as He is capable of creating a PERFECT world.

...
...

As for me.. I believe I'm going to Hell**. :D

[EMOs shall live on!] Mabuhay ang mga emo!
[Rock the world!] Bato da kalibutan!
[Hugs and kisses!]XOXO
-nEOnIX

*insane, in the sense of not being in touch with reality.
**Dante's Inferno is THAT fun. ^^

7 comments:

Paru-parong bukid said...

GREAT insights!
Indeed, we are imperfect and the desire of creating a perfect world "for me" drains us...but thank God!:)
hmm...like the philosophical ideas...hehe...:)

Anonymous said...

BATO DA KALIBUTAN!!! XOXO

Bitz said...

Well, it's kinda obvious that we all want to make life better for ourselves, it's in our systems already. We call it 'survival'.

Heaven's something that all the virtuous souls can agree about, that's true. But, for us to question it's existence...do we have the right? Are you a virtuous soul?

And, that's why we shouldn't waste our time trying to make the world perfect for us. We should just make ourselves presentable to Christ, instead when the time comes.

And, that's the bottom line, 'coz I said so! ^^

DTV said...

It's true. I very much agree on the only perfect world is up in heaven.

Still though, I think it's the nature of man to dream and try to achieve his perfect world. Our grasp of the universe, is after all, hopelessly finite, so why mope over the fact that we can't be perfect when we can imagine ourselves as such?

Just my two cents.

Anonymous said...

nice blog!
yun lang masabi ko...^^

JOLLIBEE KO HA?!

Bitz said...

^^^^^^^

It's either you're crazy, or you've got a stalker.XD.

Paru-parong bukid said...

hmm..maybe there is an instilled desire in us to be perfect because God wants us to be with Him in heaven...and we can only do that if we are perfect, with His grace that is. After all, I don't think that this battle for perfection will exist if God didn't favor it from the beginning. Anyway, we were all destined for heaven and it's up to us if we are able to retain that position. When I mean "able", I don't mean exerting all our imperfect efforts for a perfect cause. The concept of being "able" to reach heaven means that we are to entrust every bit of our strength to God Almighty...:)
hehe,,peace yoni!:)