That... wasn't exactly the best retreat of my life. I want my P800 back!!
I was expecting lots of physical activity, so I brought an extra shirt, shorts, slippers... but all I got was an airconditioned Function Hall. Which was very very cold, bytheway. I expected EMONESS, but all I got was annoyance. Arrgh.I We made ourselves comfortable by grabbing seats nearest the speaker. I was dismayed when the boys were placed in front instead, since they were WAY taller, and thus I can't see much of anything. Later, I found out that it was actually a good thing, since the speaker wasn't that good anyway and I can't be seen (and therefore cannot be called on... hehe.. pahamak na nametag...)
So, the nun [whose name kinda sounds like mine] welcomed us to our retreat with a few rules and regulations and a ton of reminders. No biggie. I wonder if anybody actually bothered to get a room key though.. [P50 collateral. Ang saya.]
And so, the speaker [whose name I COULDN'T remember until Heidi mentioned it in her blog] rambled on.. and on... and on...
1st activity: Build/Draw your roadmap. I made a really crappy one. And had fun while doing it. :D Nag sharing kami - 1/3 of Neutron!
2nd activity: I am can have. Nag sharing kami ng six roomies ko: Karla, Yannah, April, Mariel, Mithi, Ashi.
3rd activity: You got mail!! Write 3 letters to 3 significant people in your life... One for Kim C, one for Tara, one for Kent, 11 letters for the others..
4th activity: Passion of Christ + Candle chuva
I was not really satisfied by the whole thing... I spent my time writing letters to my friends. If the speaker cannot invoke feelings in me, I might as well do it myself. You can't really open up to somebody who stereotypes you.. who hardly considers your ideas... who manages to douse your excitement and enthusiasm with condescending words.
I was very very annoyed.
So kamikami nlng nag emo. And I'm glad that we actually took the initiative. I got.. 6 letters? :D Thanks talaga to Chardi, Berna, Tara, Gabby and April. I love you guys! Na-touch ako sa mga sinulat niyo. -sniff-
I enjoyed the night, however. I hated the fact na 30 minutes lng ang nilaan para maligo kaming LAHAT, pero lingaw talaga ang mga tao sa Room C. Tinabi namin ang mga beds... Tapos nag chikka kami about school and college and politics whilst snacking on Silver Light patatas and skyflakes. Natakot kami sa mga mumu and whatsover... Nagreklamo ako sa aking pillow na kasing tigas ng bato.. arrgh. 2:00am kami natapos, at nagising ako at 4:30am. Ewan ko ba.
That's why.. sa last activity... sa LISTENING tape.. when we were asked to reflect.. inaantok ako. As IN. I close my eyes... and down I go. I resorted to keeping my eyes wide open [which miraculously worked, despite the fact na bored ako masyado at conducive to sleeping ang place], which probably looked like ME being defiant and stubborn. Great. [and although i kept myself awake, I could hardly remember anything from that tape. :D]
U-S-E-L-E-S-S
Gusto ko rin mag complain sa kadamidaming technical difficulties and typographical errors. ARGH.
At least nabawi ni Father Andrew(sp?) sa kanyang lingaw na Homily about cellphones [kahit wala kaming phones @ that time] and God. Now THAT is something worth remembering.
I highly recommend na mag get-together ang mga seniors at mag retreat part 2 tayo. Kahit sa school lang. The actual retreat, although it was fine by material and physical standards, was sorely lacking in the emotional and [although not so] in the spiritual area. I think na... hindi nka sorry ang lahat na kailangan mag sorry.. hindi naka thank you ang lahat na may gustong mag thankyou.. at marami rin ata na hindi satisfied sa whole thing.
Further reading: Heidi's blog contains an excellent take on our retreat. Read it here!
"An act of inaction is an act itself." -Janille
-nEOnIX
May this blog serve as a reminder to the NeoNix of the Pisay and Ateneo, in hopes that lessons may be learned from her (mis)adventures.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Rit squared.
Labels:
Pisay related
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sana sinabi ni janille un dun sa walang kwentang facilitator. masaya sna un. hahha.
yeh lets have a part 2. feel ko better pa mag facilitate c kiboy kesa dun sa samok na carmen. hmmf.
I was actually quite looking forward sa YFC natin na camp kasi it IS retreat part 2. At least, ang mag oversee sa atin ay makaintindi at makarelate sa tin. Well, ganun man si Verge, diba? Unfortunately, wala pa mang sure...so, bleh.
Ayaw ko talaga manlibak kaya I didn't write an entry about the retreat. I chose to enjoy the camp(Obvious man, diba?) naman and it was quite okay in my standards.
And, oh, yeah...akala ko ayaw ng mga babae malaman ng iba anong nangyayari sa kanilang mga kuwarto? Nyeahah, jk.
waaaahhh!! Thank you Lord!! na-push through ang youth camp!
ehem.. to say that the youth camp is retreat part 2 is , sori ha, bulxit! the f.ckd up retreat would pale in comparison to the youth camp!
haaayy! after youth camp, makalimutan niyo talaga na nagretreat tayo. "Ay! Nagretreat diay tah? Na-forget ko na.."
Yoko manlibak.. masam kasi.. no comment na lang sa ating speaker.. i am being ridiculously generous here, when i say that
Anyways, sa mga tao na gusto pang sumali sa youth camp, inform verj or me..
Sa mga in doubt, take it from someone who experienced it firsthand.. youth camp is 20 times the spirituality, 50 times the kalingawan hehehe
Post a Comment