This blog entry is hosted on both Blogger and Multiply. Have a look!
I had another round of 'firsts' yesterday - first time to ride the trains w/o my relatives around, first time to watch a movie (here in Manila) w/o Pisay people, and my first time to watch a HORROR movie. (whaaaaaaat???)
My English professor had deemed it imperative that we watch the movie 'Stepbrothers', in preparation for the Evaluation Paper writing module (or something like that). Unfortunately, the movie was 1) only showing in Glorietta and Greenbelt (both are in Makati, WTH) and 2) R-18.
A good number of my English classmates have already watched the movie (whether they sneaked in, or if they brought someone who REALLY was 18, I don't know.) and so we didn't give the age problem much thought. We had to address the first problem -- that being, how exactly do we get there?
We (Irwin, Weanne, Joyce and I) agreed to watch the movie after lunch yesterday. However, due to... rather unfortunate circumstances, Irwin was the only one who was able to accompany me. Of course, it just so happened that Irwin invited Leland to come along, and so it was just the three of us.
Leland was already at the rendezvous point - that left Irwin and I to brave the rigors of having to travel by LRT-MRT (i got train-sick. whaaaaat?). Sardinas ang daigdig, ang tula. I know, I've been through worse (MRT rush hour, anyone?) pero still, noh. Naligaw pa kami sa SM (our destination was Glorietta, mind you). It was tiring, but fun.
We hit a minor problem pagdating namin doon. Na low-bat si Leland. LOL. We ended up having to watch the 6pm showing (despite the fact that we arrived 10 minutes before 4pm) and so we had 2 hours to... well, rot. :) The three of us settled for DQ and we drank our shakes in the food court. We even ran into Gab. o_O
Grabe, kinabahan kami when we tried (and failed) to enter the cinema. LOL. CRAP. Nakakahiya. Oh well. Good thing we were allowed a refund. Sir Miggy was kind enough to let us watch another movie. ^__^
...and what do you know, the guys picked 100 feet. And I just had to go with them. There's no helping it, I guess. (Leland was holding the tickets, Irwin had secured permission from Sir Miggy). WAH. Of course, ako ang nasa gitna, in the attempt to ease my nerves. "It's okay to scream," says Leland. He'll scream rin naman eh, and if I don't scream, baka magkakaheart attack ako. o_O He has a point, but I have another defense mechanism. I attempt to rationalize what's going on in the ghost's head (however, since there's no telling what a supernatural entity would do, there really is no point. This is why I prefer sci-fi movies to horror flicks.).
We found seats just three rows away from the front. The screen filled my view. AS IN. ANG LAPIT. CRAP! We managed to predict when exactly the ghost would appear (hint: MUSIC). Irwin would partially cover his eyes, I would pull down my hood, and Leland would prevent me from doing so- BOOM! "AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!" (What do you know, Leland screams like a guy. :) ) I would say, "ah, this guy's gonna die", Irwin would agree and it would come true. (the way the murder was executed was beyond my imagination, however, and so we sat there, wide-eyed with terror and shock.
The weird thing was.. after shrieking my lungs out, I would laugh. Gigglesnort. I am not normal, I know. I guess I was laughing at the fact that my heart jumped at those opportune moments, and that I managed to scare myself silly. O_O
At the story's climax, we were startled so badly that one of my [spectacles'] lens popped. o.o Whaaat. I had to watch the ending with one good eye. Sayang.
Leland managed to fix my glasses in the food court after the movie (which meant I had to walk around half-blind for a while) so ayos lng. (Otherwise I would have to ride the trains half-blind.... whaaa)
We got back @ around... 10pm? :D
That was fun. That was really really fun. BUT! No moar horror movies PLZ.
-sigh- back to Critical Paper Writing...
"On clear and peaceful nights like these,
There's nothing more I'd like to do
Than to lie down, under the heavens,
And to gaze at the stars with you...
-nEOnIX
May this blog serve as a reminder to the NeoNix of the Pisay and Ateneo, in hopes that lessons may be learned from her (mis)adventures.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Adventure nasad!
Labels:
Adventure,
College related
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
U haven't seen a horror movie yet till u see http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nightmare_on_elm_street/.
Post a Comment