This blog entry is hosted on both Blogger and Multiply. Have a look!
I only realize now just how much my writing has deteriorated (I mean look at this sentence - it sucks!). I am no longer capable of spitting out English with perfect grammar and diction (or at least something close to it), and thusly, it has affected my manner of writing as well. My most recent blog posts are never without a tagalog, bisaya or conyo word inserted somewhere. My sentences... are so kalat (SEE?!?) and sometimes my ideas simply do not connect
I'm struggling to write in English! (the world's going to end now) I sincerely hope that this is just a phase, and that I would quickly recover. I have yet to write a final evaluation paper (for English) and I have my Lit finals to prepare for. Seeing as it is an open-everything exam, I predict that we would be writing a really really long winded discussion about why so-and-so did this-or-that or perhaps an explanation of certain references and allusions the story presents (the novel is heavily based on history). I believe that I would have to prepare a LOT of notes should I want to do well on my finals.
I suppose my dream - which is to have SOMETHING published on any school publication - is getting harder to reach. I know I should be writing... I know I should be blogging, but I guess my creative juices aren't flowing as much as they should be. (That, and my apparent lack of inspiration).
Practice, practice, practice. If there's anything I learned at all about writing, it's those three words. I know that if I would write often enough (and in straight English, hopefully), the quality of my compositions would improve. Sadly, I find it difficult to write about stuff (Is there anything worth writing about?). Either that, or my ideas simply do not last long enough before I could transfer them to the computer (read: short term memory loss).
I just wish that something -anything- would jolt me back to writing.
"On clear and peaceful nights like these,
There's nothing more I'd like to do
Than to lie down, under the heavens,
And to gaze at the stars with you...
-nEOnIX
May this blog serve as a reminder to the NeoNix of the Pisay and Ateneo, in hopes that lessons may be learned from her (mis)adventures.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Writer's block
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment