May this blog serve as a reminder to the NeoNix of the Pisay and Ateneo, in hopes that lessons may be learned from her (mis)adventures.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Learnings accumulated over these past few days:


This blog entry is hosted on both Blogger and Multiply. Have a look!


Taking into account the rapid-fire succession of papers, papers, PAPERS and exams, I could hardly stop and.. er... reflect on everything which I have learned through my experiences. o_O I'm in no condition to write my usual UBERLY long entries, and thus I had to use -ugh- bullet points to organize my thoughts.

  • Sleep is an integral part of the day. I cannot do without it. Then again, I wouldn't be able to finish my Research Paper (first draft) and my two Filipino papers had I taken any. o_O However, my ability to wake up on time (1 and a half hours before the start of the first class of the day) has been seriously affected. Just this week, I woke up at 8:20am - I had a class at 9:00am, and hindi pa ako nakaligo! :)) (Just so you know, I managed to take a bath, grab something to eat and be on time for class. ^__^ ACHIEVEMENT!)

  • Breakfast is an integral part of the day. No amount of oats and cereal and biscuits and milk can compensate for the filling rice (albeit cafe [ yes cafe is an adjective ] ) meal which I used to eat every morning without fail. o_O Service hours and delays in waking up got in the way. Without a proper breakfast, my energy level would drop so drastically that staying alert would be a chore. >_<

  • I LOVE DANCE (forgive the O2 joke). But really, I do. It's great exercise! It's a stress buster! The only downside is the fact that I'm down on Tuesdays and Thursdays. By down, I mean unable to function, which means unable to cram for whatever is it that I'm supposed to submit the next day. But WTH. Ballroom is fun. I learned to love chachacha with it. :D I hope I can learn how to love Samba as well. (GUYS!! PATURO!!)

  • My skills in math and cs are steadily but constantly DECLINING. Gah. Idonotunderstandthestuffanymore. 'Tis sad. 'Tis most sad. I should study some more. Really.

  • My skills in Filipino are GRADUALLY IMPROVING. Gradually. (Thanks to Jed, mostly! :D Woot! You're the best!) Pero ok na un ha, infairness lang gyud to my bisaya accent!

  • ZOMBIE HUNTING FTW.

  • SKIBI TOWER DEFENSE FTW.

  • I now have a total of 3 corner-mates (so bale apat na kami sa corner ko). Aylaahvet. Angluhpeet. Bakit kasi rare ang net dito sa Eliazo! :)) But it FUUN. Really. I don't mind one bit. :D
Grabe. I can't even write a proper blog entry these days. o_O

Ah well. >_<
"On clear and peaceful nights like these,
There's nothing more I'd like to do
Than to lie down, under the heavens,
And to gaze at the stars with you...

-nEOnIX

0 comments: