May this blog serve as a reminder to the NeoNix of the Pisay and Ateneo, in hopes that lessons may be learned from her (mis)adventures.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Soup. Sabaw. Soupsoupsabawsabaw.


This blog entry is hosted on both Blogger and Multiply. Have a look!


Come with me, said Slumber. Come with me, dear child, to the land of dreams
A land where anything is possible
Where the most peculiar things happen
Where you will find things unheard of in your realm.

Sleep is a void. It is an escape.
An escape from the bindings and chains of time.
I merely close my eyes and rest my head
I empty my thoughts
I surrender my body to conform with the shape of the bed
And the portal to dreamland appears before me
I find myself unable to move
Trapped
Confined
Cold
Lost
I try open my eyes and I find out that I could
Everything seemed
Clearer
Brighter
And time has passed me by
I have leaped hours into the future
My mind is still in the past
Or still in my dreams
Did I really wake up?
Am I seeing what's real?
It's still surreal, for everything is still
Clearer
Brighter
I clench my fist
I want to feel my fingernails digging into my skin
Pain. I feel none of it.
I wonder if Slumber has indeed left my side.

I finally wake up.
I blink the last of Sleep away from my eyes.
My head still hurts.
My thoughts still speak of my adventures in dreamland
My body reminds me of reality.
I had jumped through multiple dimensions,
I realize that now.

There's no real escape
I know that now
And yet I still sleep
I still escape to the land of dreams.

"On clear and peaceful nights like these,
There's nothing more I'd like to do
Than to lie down, under the heavens,
And to gaze at the stars with you...

-nEOnIX

0 comments: